Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lukewarm...

Haven’t blogged in a while….I may just start posting one each month….that way I don’t feel crazy about it all J
This blog post is certainly personal, but I felt the need to share so that others can hold me accountable. I need that. So here I go..
I am a Christian. I say I believe in God and I love God, but can you even tell? I would say no. (Especially when things aren’t going the way I had planned!)
God uses a lot of things to get our attention….especially when we get lukewarm. He makes it clear in Revelation 3:16 when He says “So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” 
I’ve had the opportunity to get to know a dear friend of mine over the last year; my wedding photographer, Shannon Kelley. She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. What makes her so amazing? SHE LOVES GOD. You can see it in everything she does. I’m not writing this to boost her up or even to brag on her…..but to show you how God is speaking to me.
I’ve been reading her posts about Haiti on her blog and there’s a quote…
“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”
I have all of these plans, but is God in any of them? Did I even ask God what He would have me do? I have discovered that even though I profess to love God and live in His will….I don’t.
Another way God has been speaking: Sunday morning, my Bible Fellowship teacher explained the cost of getting outside of our comfort zone. Do I do that? Never. Why?
BECAUSE I AM LUKEWARM.
Fancis Chan wrote about signs of a lukewarm Christian:
I was struck to realize that I fit in all categories. My heart is broken.
I don’t want the lukewarm Christian life anymore. I am ready to have life and have it more abundantly! A lot of people assume such a lifestyle is for “extreme” Christians, not average ones. Lukewarm people call “radical” what Jesus expected of all His followers….I am ready to be “radical” for Jesus!

And that’s it! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment