Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Barred Owl Named Pete

A week ago I thought I heard a barred owl.(I know what they sound like because I wen on an Owl Prowl with my friend Crystal Bishop when she worked at Henry Horton State Park.) So last night, Joshua and I were outside filling up my truck with oil (which is a whole other story!) when I heard it again! Every time I would call, he would answer! It was SO COOL! So we named him Pete. We are assuming he is a dude! We haven't seen him yet so we have no pictures....but this is what he most likely looks like seeing how they all pretty much look the same :)

2 comments:

  1. I looooove owls! This picture is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I like your blog! I will follow :) Pete's a cutie. Maybe I can meet him one day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete